Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not as planned

This morning I went outside to unveil the centercase parts that had been glueing overnight. Once I had the plastic covering off and the clamps all put away, I noticed a big mistake. You might be able to see from the pictures in the last post. What happened in my frenzy to glue-up and take pictures of it I managed to make two identical pieces. With the seat supports glued on the same side of each panel instead of on the outside faces of each panel. Not sure of how to un-glue epoxy I pulled out my power hand planer and worked everything down till I was at the plywood panel, then some scraping and sanding finished the job, I cut new pieces and glued them on to the right side this time. Lesson learned. Other then that I managed to fiberglass the other inside surface of the centercase and glue the end pieces on to that one. Not a completely lost day.

No comments:

Post a Comment