Friday, November 13, 2009

Building Jig

It feels like its been a while. I haven't been idle. I wanted to do something about the amount of space I have to work in. It was beginning to feel small. So although I had good intentions of storing my plywood horizontally keeping it flat with clamps I have now built a rack with a slight lean to store the plywood on. Giving me an extra three feet or so to work with. It is still clamped tightly together with cheaper ply on the outside. Then I realized that I had too much room and needed to cramp it up again. I began the task of building the frame or building jig that the boat will eventually be sitting on during construction. I didn't think it would take as much time as it did to put together. What took me the most time was getting the cement bases that it would sit on level. Even then the actual length of each leg had to be cut to differing heights due to the ground being very uneven. I still have a few more braces length wise to add in. It wasn't really until I started building the frame that the size of the boat really sunk in. Then you can start to visualize and get a feel for the dimensions. My work space is going to be tight and cozy. I am thankful for the use of this space.


I have "Reefing lines" added to my tarps at each end
to allow the wind to blow through on really windy days.

Here you can see some of my new lights.
Cold start at 32 F. or 0 degrees Celsius
.
Not sure if they will stay or if they will get a layer of ply
on top, but I've got some shipping pallets as flooring
to keep me off the ground a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment