Friday, December 18, 2009

Symmetrical

The starboard seat front stringer is on! My personality generally likes things to be in order, even, symmetrical... Having only one side on, the bottom panel did not look symmetrical. I think thats why when I finished gluing and clamping the second one on I had this uncontrollable smile it made me almost feel guilty for being so happy. Like I am supposed to save this kind of inward joy for when I have a kid or something. It felt good. I am also starting to master the art of taking a step back and admiring the progress that has been made. My past employer, Mark Cramer started me in this teaching. I remember when a piano had gone through a full restoration and was now complete it meant that a French press and two coffee glasses were in order. Coffee, nectar of the gods!

No comments:

Post a Comment