Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back on track

The centercase is now fiberglassed on the inside and all put together. Everything is now back to normal after the mishap with the side pieces for the centercase. I took some time today and organized all the scrap pieces of wood and tidied up a bit. Now its time to move ahead on the scarf joint. There hasn't really been any point so far that I have felt hesitant about. But for some reason this scarf joint has me. Maybe it's because there are many comments online in various posts and articles about the difficulty of this cut and how it needs to be perfect and you need a jig... I don't really want to make a jig. If I thought I was going to be making a few of these boats then maybe I would make a jig. So instead I'm going to make the measurements and plane away! On another note I have to say I am quite pleased with the progress so far and how things are shaping up. It's a big project but it has been very relaxing and rewarding for me so far. Just one small step after another. With the use of the yahoo group and previous builders blogs, sites, or Flickr accounts I feel like there is a lot of support for new builders. Having those resources has been very beneficial.

What? Everyone else gets a shot of this!
I clamped some of the pieces up, to get an idea
of what it will look like.

View from the aft

Inside of the centercase fiberglassed

Getting ready to scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment