Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lost and Found

Finally! Today's temperature has been in my favor. After being able to spend so much time each day after work on the boat and then to have to stop because of the weather for a week was hard. It felt like "something was missing" The only work that was done out in the shop was Christmas tree prep the other day.
This morning I set up a tent over the whole length of the bottom panel with lamps inside and a thermometer. After monitoring the temperature change inside the tent I decided that it was a good day to glue the keel batten onto the bottom. Pilot holes got drilled and counter sunk from underneath. I made sure that in the area of the center case, where the opening would be cut out I had the screws go around the perimeter. There is a scarf in the keel batten so I glued this together at the same time as gluing it to the bottom. It wasn't a lot of time spent but it felt good to be back out there! Crawling around under the boat today and working inside this tent made me think of when I was younger and we would build forts in the yard out of whatever we could get our hands on.






No comments:

Post a Comment