Thursday, October 29, 2009

Shelter

Once I felt like I had a good handle on the plans and all the templates were cut out it was time to order the plywood and lumber. I decided on Marine Meranti (Phillipine Mahogany) Brand "Aqua-tek" BS 6566 from Westwind Hardwood. A few days before the wood arrived I realized I needed somewhere to keep it. My landlords have allowed me to build a shelter under their patio. Perfect! I've got around 10x20 feet to work in. It has been raining almost everyday for the last week so I am happy to say that the shelter is working perfectly. I bought an outdoor thermometer and put it up inside, My average temp. while working has been 10 degrees Celsius, thats roughly five degrees warmer then what the weather forecast is.

I have since closed in the open end


Getting ready to start tracing the templates
onto the plywood!






No comments:

Post a Comment