Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Research


After much research online looking for the right boat for the pacific northwest I came across John Welsford's designs. Beautiful boats and there are currently around five or six being built in this region. After more research into this design and finding the John Welsford Yahoo group, where the designer himself is ready to answer questions along with the many other builders who hang around the forum. Knowing that there is a good support base and the design seems right for the coastal conditions here I ordered the plans from Duckworks. The first step for me after receiving the plans was to first figure out what I was looking at and how to interpret the plans. After that I decided to make full size templates out of bristol board. I'm not sure if this is called lofting, but i imagine it is similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment