Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back to the mine

Back to the regularly scheduled program. It was a very productive week off, now back to work. There wasn't a single day that I didn't put in a few hours. The timing was good. At the end of my holidays to be able to look out and see all the bulkheads on including the transom was well worth it. I would say that getting to this stage made the week feel even more productive. It just wouldn't have been the same if at the end of the holiday time I only had half of the bulkheads done. This made it much easier to go back to work. Next its time to get the stringers put on. I had to cut scarfs into twelve 20mm x 15mm x 2500mm pieces of lumber to be able to create six full length stringers that will run from stem to transom. While reading The Gougeon Brothers On Boat Construction(West System epoxy) I got the idea to create a miter box style jig for cutting the 8:1 scarfs. I added a guide for the saw to the one they had shown. It worked great!










1 comment:

  1. I'm getting over there some to see this beauty. WIth the transom on it's looking very shippy. You should make this into a living
    Peter

    ReplyDelete